Guppyfriend Microplastic-Catching Washing Bag
A large part of our clothing contains synthetic materials. During washing, tiny plastic fibers break off and enter rivers and oceans via the waste water and thus harm our environment. This is exactly where the Guppyfriend washing bag comes in. According to the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, on average 86% fewer fibers of synthetic clothing break when washed with the washing bag. The fibers that do break collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
- It reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes.
- It filters the few fibers that do break and doesn’t lose any fibers itself.
- It’s a daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals.
- Material: untreated polyamide 6.6
- Size M: 50 x 74 cm
- With multilingual packaging and instructions
- 100% plastic-free packaging
How It Works
Put synthetic textiles into the Guppyfriend washing bag
Close the Guppyfriend washing bag and put it in the washing machine. Add other, non-synthetic, textiles and wash as usual
Take the textiles from the Guppyfriend washing bag while they’re still wet
- Remove the collected fibers from the inside of the filter fabric by hand and dispose of them in the residual waste
Visit the Guppyfriend site to learn more and see a video of the product in action.