Sourcing & Values... How We Source As A Community Refill Shop!
- If you are looking to be a more conscious consumer by voting with your dollars, or...
- To get groceries without all the waste, or...
- If you are trying to create a sourcing guide for product selection...
We hope our guidelines can be your jumping-off place : )
So here's the nitty gritty for you... Our goal is to source in a way that is good for you and good for the planet.
- We prioritize local
- We prioritize circular (our vendors take back their containers, washing and reusing them)
- We prioritize minority–owned businesses
- We prioritize B Corps, co-ops, and businesses invested in their workers and community
- We prioritize package-free and plastic-free
- We prioritize high quality products that work well and made to last
- We always choose non-toxic for all our cleaning products, and certified organic for all our food products.
Our prices tend to be competitive with comparable products in local natural food stores. There are, however, some items where we just can't compete based on the added cost of our above values and our capacity as a small business.
We are continually working to make refilling as affordable as possible while meeting these values. We appreciate all of your support and dedication to groceries without all the waste. We invite you and your community to try to use a refill shop like ours, Re-Up Refill Shop, for more and more of your purchasing, further reducing your footprint on the planet and helping us as a business and the movement grow.
So here’s to groceries without all the waste, to consuming with purpose, and to voting with our dollars.
See You At The Shop,
The Re-Up Refills Team : )