* This product has special ordering requirements, listed at the bottom of this page.
Organic Nutritional Yeast (Large Flake)
The word yeast comes from the Sanskrit word for boiling, referencing the bubbles that occur during fermentation. Yeast has been an ingredient for baking and fermentation for more than 3000 years.
Nutritional yeast is made from a single-celled organism of fungi called Saccharomyces Cerevisiae. In a controlled environment, it is cultured, left to grow, then deactivated, harvested, washed and dried. The deactivation process prevents the yeast from being used as a leavening agent.
Nutritional yeast is a flavor enhancer that offers naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and micro-nutrients. These large flakes are a bit spicier and have more yeast flavor than other nutritional yeast.
These flakes are a favorite for adding savory flavor to soups, sauces, gravies, and prepared foods where umami flavor is needed.
Comes in a 5 pound bag.
Organic Yeast Autolysate, Organic Rice Flour, Sea Salt
* Bulk Pantry Products: Ordering Information
- Only available for store pickup at Re-Up in Oakland (sorry, no delivery)
- Bulk Pantry orders placed by 4:00 PM on Wednesday will be available for store pickup starting the following Wednesday (seven days later)
- We can hold your product for one week – please come by within seven days of its arrival during Re-Up open hours
- Please note, adding this product will require you to select store pickup at checkout. If you have any non Bulk Pantry items in your cart that you would like delivered, please place that order separately