* This product has special ordering requirements, listed at the bottom of this page.
Organic Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds have been widely used in culinary and traditional medicines around the world for well over 3,000 years. Growing sesame requires a tropical environment and permeable sandy soil. The plant grows to about 5 feet in height and the seeds are located in pods after the plant flowers. A single pod can hold up to 100 or more seeds, varying different color seeds per pod.
Toasted seeds feature a slightly sweet, nutty flavor. In the Middle East, sesame seeds are ground into a paste called tahini and used in the savory dish, hummus and in sweet treats like halvah. In Asian cuisine they are used in sushi rolls, stir-fries and salads. Throughout Europe and America the seeds are added to breads and other baked goods for a rustic, artisan touch and flavor.
Sesame seeds offer many nutritional benefits. They're an excellent source of zinc, manganese, magnesium, copper, calcium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1 and dietary fiber.
These brown Organic Sesame Seeds can be added to vegetable dishes, sprinkled on salads or combined with baked goods. You can also use to make tahini, hummus and halvah.
Make your own gomasio by roasting 4 teaspoons of celtic sea salt and 1 cup hulled sesame seeds and then grinding together. Add other spices to make seasonings for all your favorite dishes.
Comes in a 5 or 25 pound bag.
Organic Natural Sesame Seeds
* Bulk Pantry Products: Ordering Information
- Only available for store pickup at Re-Up in Oakland (sorry, no delivery)
- Bulk Pantry orders placed by 4:00 PM on Wednesday will be available for store pickup starting the following Wednesday (seven days later)
- We can hold your product for one week – please come by within seven days of its arrival during Re-Up open hours
- Please note, adding this product will require you to select store pickup at checkout. If you have any non Bulk Pantry items in your cart that you would like delivered, please place that order separately